Rising Pune Supergiant ups and down in Indian premier league continued to be the same once again. Kings XI Punjab impressed once and all in all departments and were at the end on the winning side. At start there was a little trouble with two quick wickets but the magic of Maxwell and Miller took the game away from the visitors.
Rising Pune Supergiant:
* Dinda though getting in the wicket column was expensive in his bowling.
* Score of 163 was a little less in this ground.
* Mayank Agarwal failure in the opening slot was once again the major area of concern for the Pune Supergiant.
* the sudden fury of wickets in the middle order made the run target a little less.
* Bowling look a little out of track except that of Imran Tahir.
* There were few unnecessary over throws from Rising Pune Supergiant.
* Ben Stoke brilliance with the bat was a positive sign for the team.
* Imran Tahir again chipped in with wickets and was useful in providing breakthrough.
* Manoj Tiwary looked great with bat and provided great reassurance to the team along with Dan Christian and Ben Stokes.
Kings XI Punjab:
* There were few drop chances and mainly Manan Vohra was culprit.
* Bowling at the depths especially that of Mohit Sharma was quite expensive.
* Small start in the opening and initial wickets made the run chase a little tricky.
* Amla though was slow in his scoring made sure that the team moved along and provided resistance in the run chase.
* Maxwell was exceptional in his batting and played a captain’s knock. Miller provided much support to him.
* M & M sealed the game for the Kings XI Punjab.
* T Natarajan and Marcus Stoinis were impressive with their bowling.
* Winning the toss was a major difference in winning the match.
Maxwell captian’s knock proved way too much for the Rising Pune Supergiant bowlers and at the end they easily chased down the target of 164 in 19 overs and a over to spare. Rising Pune Supergiant will have to think more about giving Dinda another chance and will have strengthen their bowling before coming on the field for another match.
Rising Pune Supergiant: 163/6 (20 overs)
Ben Stokes 50(32) Manoj Tiwary* 40(23) Sandeep Sharma 33/2 Swapnil Singh 14/1
Kings XI Punjab: 164/4 (19 overs)
Maxwell* 44(20) Miller* 30(27) Tahir 29/2 Dinda 26/1
Result: KXIP XI Punjab won the match with six wickets remaining and a bowl to spare.