Kolkata looked in a hurry today and blasted the Gujarat bowlers all over the park. Score card said it all about how weak and childish was Gujarat Lions bowling. Chasing a total of 184 Kolkata never looked in dismay and chased the target way with in their quota of granted overs. 184 runs were scored in just 14.5 overs and that’s tell us all how brutal the counter attack was from the KKR openers. Kolkata Knight Riders registered their first win of IPL 2017 and that too with a huge margin of 10 wickets. That would prove beneficial for their net run rate.
Before, Gujarat Lions batted well in terms of their bowling display and posted a total of 183 at the end of 20 overs. But their bowling were of utter rubbish and without discipline which allowed Gambhir and Chris Lynn to make merry and register their win comfortably.
* was there any need of playing all four overseas batsman and ignoring Faulkner, Faulkner might have helped a little to strengthen their bowling.
* The bowling especially of Shivil Kaushik were full of shorts balls and half folly and in international matches those balls are not meant to be delivered much.
* There was no strength in their pace department also and they were not able to provide a single breakthrough in the game.
* There were not much positive things to look out for except the batting of McCullum, Raina and Karthik.
* Raina is now the hisgest Run getter in IPL and have started his campaign in a positive way.
* Kolkata Knight Riders though won a game but their bowling were not up to their own benchmark.
* Chris woakes and Trent Boult both overseas player proved too costly for team.
* Narine went wicket less and was not economical like he always is. Same goes with Chawla he was also costly but had one wicket in his scalp.
* Winning a game of target 184 before 15 overs was the mainstray of the game.
* They have found a new and more dominate opening pair in the form of Chris Lynn and Gautam Gambhir.
* Both openers batted well and rest others didn’t got the chance to showcase their skills.
* Kuldeep Yadav bowling was pretty economical and he chipped in with two wickets as well.
Conclusion : Kolkata knight riders dominated the game with their batting display and there was nothing much Gujarat Lions could do except waiting for the game to finish.
Gujarat Lions: 183/4 (20 overs) Raina* 68 Karthik 47 Kuldeep Yadav 25/2 Piyush Chawla 33/1
Kolkata Knight Riders: 184/0 (14.5) Lynn* 93 Gambhir* 76
Result: Kolkata Knight Riders won the game with 10 wickets in hand and 5.1 overs remaining