The first match of IPL season 10 was won by Sunrisers Hyderabad rather convincingly. On the verge of Yuvraj Singh‘s fine knock of 62 SRH posted a mammoth of total 208 on the board. In reply, Watson‘s man fell 35 runs short. The major turning point of the game was Ben cutting throw which made Kedar Jadhav run a mock, and he was sent back to the dugout.
The match which otherwise was looking closed shifted to being a one-sided affair after Kedar Jadhav ran himself out. The major difference which was there between the two teams was their level of fielding. We in this blog will take a look at the positive and negative side of both the team’s context to the game.
* The major difference between the two team looked was in the matter which they fielded. Bangalore was too poor and sloppy in the field, They were missing too many opportunities like the one catch which Aravind missed out of Yuvraj proved too costly for them.
* The team lacked a leader who could motivate the whole team, Watson day was poor and it reflected in its leadership too.
* Stuart Binny role as an all-rounder was not at all justified though he took a wicket but his batting was not responsible.
* Except Yazuvender Chahal, all other bowlers were expensive. Debutant Tymal mills impressed with the ball.
* Lack of responsibilities or partnership building in middle overs, positive start were not converted.
* Tymal mills the debutant impressed once and all with his bowling.
* Chahal once again was exceptionally well.
* Middle order batsman Kedar Jadhav and Travis head got up to a good start but was unable to convert it.
* Warner unfamiliar failure at the top was an area of concern for SRH.
* Bowling of SRH except Bhuneshwar and cutting were expensive though Nehra and Rashid Khan chipped in with wickets.
* Bipul Sharma the full-time bowler was only handed an over to bowl.
* Dhawan and Henriques partnership at the start which laid the foundation.
* Yuvraj Singh back to his older days form is a great news for SRH and his fans.
* Rashid Khan though expensive was pretty good as a debutant.
* Ben cutting was impressive with both bat and ball.
Conclusion: Royal Challengers Bangalore will definitely look forward to improving their field standard and they are likely to miss Kohli for a game more. Sunrisers Hyderabad will rather end their day in a positive way and look forward to their next match. Mustifizur Rahman is likely to join Sunrisers before the next match and it would be interesting to see who will make a way for him. Overall the star performer of the game was Yuvraj Singh.