IPL Match 1 Preview and Prediction: SRH vs RCB

Virat_ABD_BCCI

The inaugural match of IPL 2017 will be played on 5th April between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad. The most important thing which the inaugural match present is that it give the runner team of last season chance of avenging their defeat from the winner of last season. Hyderabad being the winner of the previous version of IPL will be having their moral high while Bangalore will be looking to prove their metal. The two when last met in the final of IPL 2016, Sunrisers Hyderabad were on the winning side courtesy to the all-round performance from Ben cutting.

Riding on the instinct of batting performance from Warner, Yuvraj, and Cutting, Hyderabad posted a total of 208 in 20 overs which were more than enough for the Royal Challengers Bangalore.Despite fine knocks of the fifties from both Gayle and Kohli RCB fell 15 short of the target. But that was last year and this is 2017 a new season of Indian premier league. The scenario has been completely changed from the last year and all teams have seen a lot of changes in the squad as well. The two teams will face at Rajiv Gandhi international stadium, Hyderabad to kick open the season 10 IPL.

Head to Head:

On the head to head battle, Sunrisers have slightly the upper hand as they have won 5 of the 9 clashes between the two teams.

Form Guide:

Royal challengers Bangalore: LWWWW

Sunrisers Hyderabad: WWWLL

Team Preview:

Royal challengers Bangalore:

With the absence of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, Shane Watson has been given out the role of captaincy for the first inaugural game. KL Rahul sidelining due to injury will mean that opening pair will be that of Chris Gayle and Mandeep Singh. RCB would be optimistic about Gayle performing right at the front.Sarfaraz Khan is the latest addition to the injury list of RCB and he is likely to miss the complete Season. Tymal mills inclusion in the team have strengthened the bowling attack a little and he would be the obvious fourth overseas pick after Gayle, Watson and Travis Head. RCB will have to trust their middle and lower middle order if they want to finish the game on a winning note. Pawan Negi can get a game right at the start if he is preferred before the likes of Iqbal Abdulla.

From:  Pawan Negi, Tymal Mills, Aniket Choudhary, Praveen Dubey, Billy Stanlake, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, AB de Villiers, Chris Gayle, Yuzvendra Chahal, Harshal Patel, Mandeep Singh, Adam Milne, Sarfaraz Khan, S Aravind, Kedar Jadhav, Shane Watson, Stuart Binny, Samuel Badree, Iqbal Abdulla, Travis Head, Sachin Baby, Avesh Khan, Tabraiz Shamsi

Probable XI: Chris Gayle, Shane Watson(stand-in captain), Mandeep Singh, Sachin Baby/N Jagdeesan, Kedar Jadhav, Stuart Binny, Pawan Negi/Iqbal Abdulla, Yuzvendra Chahal, Tymal Mills, Sreenath Arvind/Aniket Choudhary, Travis Head

 

Sunrisers Hyderabad:

Sunrisers will be having the advantage of playing at their home ground and will be backed up their prominent pace attack. Defending their title will add extra pressure on Warner and co. Finding a proper batting line up is the area of concern for the Sunrisers. Williamson can get a game ahead of Ben cutting if they want to add experience to their batting line up. Rashid Khan is likely to get a match ahead of his fellow teammate Mohammed Nabi. Mustafizur Rahman their talisman with the ball will be unavailable for the first game as he is on national duty and it would be a real challenge to find his replacement.

From: Tanmay Agarwal, Mohammad Nabi, Ekalavya Dwivedi, Rashid Khan, Pravin Tambe, Chris Jordan, Ben Laughlin, Mohammed Siraj, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, David Warner, Moises Henriques, Naman Ojha, Ricky Bhui, Kane Williamson, Siddarth Kaul, Bipul Sharma, Ashish Nehra, Yuvraj Singh, Ben Cutting, Abhimanyu Mithun, Mustafizur Rahman, Barinder Sran, Deepak Hooda, Vijay Shankar.

Probable XI: David Warner (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Moises Henriques/Williamson, Yuvraj Singh, Naman Ojha (wk), Deepak Hooda, Ben Cutting, Rashid Khan/Nabi, Bipul Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashish Nehra.

Players to watch out for:

Shikhar Dhawan: Dhawan had a fair run of play in recently concluded Vijay Hazare trophy and he likes to score runs at Hyderabad ground. His partnership with warner will be crucial for the team.

dhawan

Shane Watson: Sworn as the new captain of the team, Shane Watson will have pressure to perform and Watto can be dangerous in any part of the world.

15Shane-Watson-1

What: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore

When: 5th April 2017, 20:00 IST

Where: Rajiv Gandhi international stadium, Hyderabad

What to expect: dry pitch helpful for spinners and chasing will be difficult. The Hot humid climate of 38°C.

Toss prediction: Team winning the toss will definitely choose to bowl as team bowling first has won here more and it becomes difficult to chase at night here in Hyderabad.

Match prediction: Despite Kohli not being in team RCB will march home victorious. There are 70% chances of RCB winning the match will only 30% chances of SRH pulling out a win.

Betting tips: 

* Don’t bet all your stacks on RCB at first and wait for the game to progress.

* Choose the team which wins the toss as your favorite pick.

Knowing the venue:

Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium

Location: Hyderabad, India

Established: 2004

Capacity: 55000

End Names: Pavilion End, North End

Matches Played Tests – 0, Odis – 0, T20s – 41

Stats and figures:

Best Individual Score 119 by Virender Sehwag vs DC on May 5, 2011
Best Bowling figures in Innings 5/16 by James Faulkner vs SRH on May 17, 2013
Most Runs 897 by Shikhar Dhawan (32 matches)
Most Wickets 27 by Dale Steyn (24 matches)
Highest Team Score 223 by CSK vs SRH on May 8, 2013
Lowest Team Score 80 by DD vs SRH on May 4, 2013
Highest Score Successfully Chased 217 by RR vs DC on Apr 24, 2008
Lowest Score Successfully Defended 132 by DC vs RCB on May 20, 2012
Average 1st Innings Score 154
Average 2nd Innings Score 146
Matches Won Batting First 13
Matches Won Bowling First 27

 

Advertisements

One Comment Add yours

  1. paktower.com says:

    What type of camera was used? That is certainly a decent top quality. http://Www.paktower.com/author/jorjaparkhi/

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s