IPL is the biggest sporting event for Indian population and it lasts for more than a month. So it’s necessary to have a depth knowledge about your fav team and their strengths and weaknesses. In this article, we will have exhaustive look at all the eight teams and will figure their Pros and cons before the inauguration of 2017 IPL.
* The squad includes young raw domestic talent of Indian cricket like Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson etc.
* Last year find of the IPL Shreyas Iyer will be eyeing a sensation season in 2017 too.
* The mystery spinner who was under the shadow of R Ashwin in Rising Pune Supergiants Murugan Ashwin adds options to the spin department which already have Amit Mishra, Shahbaz Nadeem, and Jayant Yadav.
* The inclusion of Angelo Mathews, Pat Cummings, and Corey Anderson have exaggerated their all-rounder tally.
* Injuries have ruled out their main players like J P Duminy and Quinton de Kock.
* The inconsistency in winning matches can hamper their chances.
* Zaheer Khan and Angelo Matthews are injury prone.
Kings XI PUNJAB:
* With Martin Guptill and Eoin Morgan been included in the squad, there is plenty of alternative batsman option for KXIP.
* The magic of 3 M ie Maxwell, Miller and Marsh is there.
* They have plenty of good domestic T20 bowlers like Mohit Sharma and Sandeep Singh. And Axar Patel spin bowling is an added benefit.
* Sammy and Stoinis are capable of winning matches single Handley.
* Sehwag experience as a coach will be vital.
* Their death bowling is pretty weak and often they are not able to defend highest of totals.
* Lack of responsibilities among batsman which lead them throwing their wicket away.
* Spin department don’t have much of options.
* Murali Vijay is unlikely to be available for the complete season.
Kolkata Knight Riders:
* The inclusion of Nathan Coulter-Nile and Trent Boult will strengthen their fast bowling.
* KKR’s strength is their spin bowling and their trip of Shakib, Narine, and Chawla will prove iconic in winning matches.
* They have the most solid opening pair in form of Gambhir and Uthappa.
* Plenty of Indian talents in the middle order. And woakes add to the lower batting order rescues.
* the major problem of KKR was losing Russell from the squad who failed in passing the dope test.
* Umesh Yadav sore back will cause him at least two matches of the season which can prove costly later at the tournament.
* Gambhir unfamiliar failure can be a headache for the team.
* Aaron finch, McCullum, Dwayne Smith and Jason Roy, the best options any team would love to have.
* Dinesh Karthik impeccable form in the domestic run and Raina’s IPL love solidifies their middle orders.
* Last year find, Unorthodox China man bowler Shivil Kaushik will prove vital.
* Dwayne Bravo, Faulkner and Jadeja are the best all-rounders in this format.
* Expectations to perform will be very much from both fans and franchise.
* Bravo and Jadeja are likely to miss some matches due to injuries which can be a tough period for the team.
* there is slight fewer options in terms of fast bowling.
* They are unbreakable in their fort and wins almost all their home matches.
* Mitchell Johnson is back in the team which is a great news for them. And they have now a bunch of real quick fast bowlers.
* With Karn Sharma inclusion spin bowling options and depths are enhanced.
* Form of Jasprit Bumrah, Parthiv Patel, and Krunal Pandya gives positive vibe for the team.
* Rohit Sharma is among top five leading scorer of IPL and loves scoring runs in T20 games.
* Pollard and Hardik Pandya adds their bowling as well as lower down hitting options.
* With the failure of Rohit Sharma middle order of the team gets exposed.
* Mumbai Indians are the slow starter which can prove fatal sometimes.
* Winning away matches is an area of major concerns for them.
* Their all-time leading wicket taking bowler Malinga is prone to injuries.
Rising Pune Supergiants:
* They have the service of this year IPL’s most expensive buy and a world class all rounder as Ben Stokes.
* They have a total of three different contrast and nature captain in the present team.
* Adam zampa their spin bowler is the highest wicket taker in a single match in IPL and with the inclusion of Tahir their spin options gets improved.
* They have not much to prove which can be a positive thing in a long run.
* Mitchell Marsh was sidelined before due to injury and now the list has added their leading wicket taking option R Ashwin to it and Ashwin is likely to miss the complete IPL season.
* They will have to find perfect combination in their playing XI so that they end up winning some matches.
* They don’t have much of the famous line up of domestic fast bowlers to their name.
* After Ashwin out from IPL, little spin options are left in the squad.
Royal challengers Bangalore:
* Batting line up or the first four RCB players Kohli, Gayle, ABD, and Watson can destroy any bowling attack from the opponents.
* The inclusion of Tymal mills who is an expert of death over bowling is an added advantage.
* Kohli’s last season run and his leadership quality is a boon for the team.
* Middle order have the talented domestic batsman in the form of Mandeep Singh, Sachin Baby, Kedhar Jadhav and Sarfraz Khan.
* Yuzvendra Chahal is the go-to bowler of RCB and proved very effective in wicket taking options.
* They were last year runner up and would love to replicate their winning performance.
* Kohli has been ruled out for a game or two and it would be interesting to see how RCB performs in his absence.
* KL Rahul who was in sublime touch is sidelined from IPL completely.
* Their bowling maestro Mitchell Starc service will not be available for them this year.
* Despite scoring too many runs, they are not able to defend it.
* Gayle being out of form is their major area of concern.
* David warner, the leader of Sunrisers is the highest run getter overseas batsman of IPL.
* Mustifizur Rahman, Bhuneshwar Kumar, Ashish Nehra and Chris Jordan, they have plenty of fast bowling options to choose from.
* Their moral will be bit high as they are the defending champion of IPL.
* Match winners like Yuvraj Singh and Moises Henriques is present in the squad.
* Though Karn Sharma was omitted but the inclusion of Nabi and Rashid Khan have increased their spin variety.
* The team has been successful in defending low scores quite often and has the best bowling attack among other teams.
* Team batting heavily depends on and revolve around David warner and with his failure team is always in some kind of trouble.
* Mustifizur Rahman is likely to miss out his first match for national duties and is very prone to injuries. This is a serious area of concern.
* They have the option to choose either Williamson or among the spin duo of Nabi or Rashid, and this can be interesting as franchise middle order looks a little sloppy.
* The have many times failed caplicate the starts and this time it may prove a trouble for them.
* There is an extra pressure on them to defend their IPL Crown.